The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Td_d

Commander In Chief
I'm still around ;) Just very busy work wise lately, so my online time has been focused on the development side on RR and with the FT86's. But I'm around.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I'll have to get back on this after work. My Java is up to date and I've pretty sure I'm running 64-bit Windows 7...which could be a problem.

Nope, it says it'll work with 64bit.

http://www.romraider.com/Documentation/RomRaiderFAQ#toc40

It might be that you have to get the tactrix cable first, (which if you sell your AP Unmarried will actually leave you with a few extra hundreds of $$ in your pocket! ) then install. But I'd try going through the trouble shooting guide, and the getting started guide first before buying a tactrix, which can be found used for like $100-$150. New I've seen for $180-200.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I'm about due for another oil change. Honestly, while I think the AMSOIL is good stuff, I don't know if I notice much difference. Also, while many STI's seem to burn a bit of oil between changes, mine never has.....until I tried the AMSOIL. Maybe it's just so damn slippery that more of it is lost to blow-by. Previous to the AMSOIL, I ran 3.5 quarts of Castrol EDGE Titanium 5W-30 and 1.0 quart of Lucas Oil Pure Synthetic Oil Stablizer.

I think that I may go back to my old formula, with the exception of altering the quantities: 4.0 quarts of Castrol EDGE and 0.5 quarts of Lucas Oil.

Thoughts?
[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION], do you burn any AMSOIL between oil changes?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I burn a little bit. Maybe half a quart if that. But i do have to fill up a bit around 2,000-2,500 miles.

Our cars are useeeeed. [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] sti is newwwww. :rofl:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We never burn a drop of oil. What we do notice with Amsoil is better RPM's throughout the whole range.

You could try a 5W-30 in an Amsoil product.

How many miles on your STi now?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I burn a little bit. Maybe half a quart if that. But i do have to fill up a bit around 2,000-2,500 miles.

Our cars are useeeeed. @IGOTASTi.COM sti is newwwww. :rofl:

I used to never burn a single drop it seemed. Now I'm going through a half a quart of AMSOIL between changes.

We never burn a drop of oil. What we do notice with Amsoil is better RPM's throughout the whole range.

You could try a 5W-30 in an Amsoil product.

How many miles on your STi now?

I know there is a 5W-30 AMSOIL motor oil, but Dominator only comes in 10W-30, right?

65,500 miles on the Batmobile.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yes Dominator only comes in 10W-30.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I also considered these two options:

4.0 quarts of AMSOIL 10W-30 Dominator & 0.5 quarts Lucas Oil.
4.0 quarts of AMSOIL 5W-30 & 0.5 quarts Lucas Oil.

I LOVE Lucas Oil. I think it does a great job coating the engine surfaces, as well as, preventing dry starts and oil loss.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We don't recommend mixing Lucas with Dominator.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I can't imagine that any motor oil company suggests mixing anything with their oil. :lol: Is there something specific about either product that makes you say this? I know there are differences in shear and friction numbers, but other than that...idk.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dominator is super slippery and loaded with lots of Zinc so it doesn't need anything else added with it, but what we have seen is other oils like Motul & Redline mixed with Lucas and the oil properties changed for the worse.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Does the 5W-30 AMSOIL have zinc in it like Dominator? I don't think so, but I'm trying to verify that online right now.

Since running AMSOIL, have you always used Dominator or have you used the Signature Series 5W-30 as well?

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
No Zinc in the 5W-30, but if you put Lucas in with Dominator you will burn some for sure.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
FWIW, we don't ever use oil additives in our industrial engines. They tend to mess with the oil base as JJ said. I'm sure there is a place for them, just I haven't really seen it yet.
I'd say a half quart ain't too shabby, especially if your foots in it often. On Rotella I had zero consumption. On motul now and am using a slight bit, just put a half quart in after 3 months.
On the porsche, regardless of brand, exception of Mobil, she burns a quart every 800 miles. Mobil pissed out of tailpipes on both cars.

ej25subie05

i am a die hard rotella t6 fan (was a die hard) i have run it since my first subaru after trying mobile 1 oil. never had oil consumption issues till this sti. I'm giving it one more oil change and if it keeps burning a quart every 1k miles I'm going to motul oil or maybe amsoil since y'all seem to talk highly about it.

but honestly don't mix engine oil. you only mix oils in transmission. but engine.... i don't think thats a good idea. almost every oil has different properties. one reason if i switch brands why i change it within 1k miles (just piece of mind lol) i hear ppl putting lucas in engines with other oils but thats because they have some sort of issue (most of the time)

what does the amsoil run y'all for a quart? i may have to pick up a few gallons :)

(sorry batman didn't mean to ask a question on your thread, it just seemed like an appropriate time haha)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Substantially cheaper if youre a platinum member! Platinum gets it at cost! :tup:

Talk to [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] !!!!

Dominator ftw!!!! :tup: