The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Was that off the old brakes?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ummm dont those shims hold the pads in place so they dont escape?!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Was that off the old brakes?
That is part of the spring on the rear caliper. The actual spring is held in under the horizontal pins and puts downward pressure on the tops of the pads to keep them seated. This piece is connected to the top of the spring by one rivet and is suspended above the pads to deflect brake dust.
Ummm dont those shims hold the pads in place so they dont escape?!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It was an easy job and didn't take me long until I got to the right rear. A cotter pin that goes through one of the horizontal pins, was basically fused into the pin. I tried to pull it straight out, but it eventually broke off. Enough of it was sticking out the bottom of the pin to keep me from being able to hammer it out with a punch. So I had to grab the pin with a pair of vice grips and almost knock the car off the jack stand trying to rotate it so I could get to the piece that was sticking out. Finally, got the broken cotter pin piece orientated straight up, so I could cut it off with a Dremel. That done, I was finally able to punch out the pin. I would have been done a whole hour earlier if that cotter pin would have just come out easily like all the others did.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Lol. Isn't it funny how the littlest of things stalls you out so much?
The story of my life. I knew things were going too well and something f***ed up was bound to happen.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Am I too low? :lol:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422913014731.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422913014731.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 61

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Poor splitter! :(

How bad are the exhaust fumes with the kerosene or propane heaters? Obviously, I don't want to be getting coloring books for Christmas from here on out.
c894fbb956f382fe441ff8ea23ba7438.jpg

I know it's a little late in the season for heat suggestions, but a few small strategically placed electric space heaters go a long way. They got my garage up 20 degrees.... Too bad it was -10 out haha.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
UPDATE: It's been a while, and the Batmobile has sat in the garage for little over a month, but I got the itch to get some work done.
The intake vent I acquired has been chopped and frankenstein'd like the rest of my intake.
It is finally installed.

The aero piece I got from [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] will go on tonight if I have time. I am also going to tackle my battery situation if time allows. I will have to drive it next week and want to be free of problems for a while.

uploadfromtaptalk1432331056907.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1432331092992.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1432331148617.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1432331171905.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Clean that motor! ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You better start waxin or here comes the hammer! ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh we don't threatened. You have 24 hours or the hammer hits!

The timer has begun!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
In 24 hours I will be in Indianapolis for the INDY 500. I would imagine that is an excusable event. ;-)

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member