2015 Subaru WRX: July/August 2014

Filed under: Sedan, Performance, Subaru, Long-Term Garage

Literally minutes after snapping the photo you see above, I was soaked - hit by the third round of storms that brought absolutely insane rainfall to Detroit this week. Amateur mistake, right there; if it looks like rain's a-comin', it's a-comin'. So if you're going to take pictures of the car, do it before it's too late.

But the thing is, I was having way too much fun driving around the suddenly empty streets of Detroit to worry about handling my photo shoot in a timely manner. Folks had been cautioned to stay off the roads ever since the rain first hit. Floods had shut down several of our major freeways, not to mention many surface streets. The threat of more severe weather had put caution in the air, forcing folks to batten down the hatches and settle in for even more horrendously wet weather.

The long-term 2015 Subaru WRX, however, eats this stuff up with a passion. Inclement weather? The turbocharged, all-wheel-drive, endlessly grippy Subaru just wants to play. And after getting to know our WR Blue WRX since its delivery in June and solidifying my belief that it's a total riot, even around town, I was not about to ignore Rex's desires to go play in the rain and make mischief on the deserted streets. Empty on-ramp antics were great fun, and tossing the car around corners in the wet showed no signs of slip. Ever. Wet hair and a damp t-shirt? Worth it.

Prior to this week's flooding, summer in Detroit had been wonderful. Our Polar Vortex Winter had transformed into a mild, delightful warm season, with mostly dry conditions, and weekend after weekend of weather perfect for sitting outside with the barbecue and some friends. The WRX was enjoying every bit of it, offering gobs of fun on dry, sun-drenched roads, and quickly making friends with several members of the Autoblog staff during its honeymoon phase. But not without some hiccups along the way.Continue reading 2015 Subaru WRX: July/August 2014
2015 Subaru WRX: July/August 2014 originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
[h=6][/h]Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...