New member.....kinda see details.

TK-421

Well, how's it goin folks? Joining back up on the Subaru forum here, forgot my old email and password so instead of searching through old files, I just decided heck I'll make a new one, my old profile was more than likely deactivated due to inactivity.

Now with that aside, the name is Chad, I've owned a couple of Subaru's, a 04 STi, 02 WRX, 04 FXT, and now my current '13 STi Sedan. I've dabbled in the other makes in models as well, from Toyota to BMW, to the rival Evo and currently own (along with my STi) a project shell of an Evo 8 that was destined for the scrap heap till I rescued it, and a 1996 Mazda RX-7 FD3S, still learning the ways of a wankel rotary, but it's fun as heck to drive!

Im a pretty laid back guy, knowledgeable in many aspects of automobiles, went to technical school for it and have been working in the field for the past 13 years. But I will admit, I know diddly squat about diesels, I just know that heavy machinery and big rigs have Diesel engines.

I do consider myself to be a wealth of both knowledge and experience. And I hope to bring that to your community and help out when and where I can, and hopefully make some new friends along the way. I think one of the biggest problems in the entire automotive culture is, not enough people have an open mind and un-objected opinion to help others. I like to be impartial and never take sides.

Well, other than cars, I enjoy things like traveling, especially by airplane and I am a Star Wars fan, not a total geek. I just enjoy the movies and the occasional Star Wars video game. Not saying there is anything wrong at all with the guys and gals that are collectors or hardcore fans that do the whole dress up thing. Just not my cup of tea!

Ive been told that I have a unique sense of humor, that can be very dry and witty, and sometimes very hard for people to understand or see that I'm being sarcastic or factious.

Well that's enough about me for now! Get to know me, I'm a pretty cool guy (well at least I think so:lol:)

I have plenty of experience in Engine building, ecu calibration, diagnostics and troubleshooting, amongst other mechanical skills. Don't be afraid to drop in say hi and if you've got a question don't hesitate to ask!

I hope to meet some new friends, and I hope y'all have a goodnight! And thanks for reading!

Regards, Chad

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

Your intro would've been perfect if you had included pictures! :lol:

Now, pictures of the STi and FD PLEEEAAASEEEEEE!!!!! :tup:

Also, please start a member journal for the rides, yes both. :lol:

TK-421

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

Your intro would've been perfect if you had included pictures! :lol:

Now, pictures of the STi and FD PLEEEAAASEEEEEE!!!!! :tup:

Also, please start a member journal for the rides, yes both. :lol:

As requested, the STi

and the FD

imagejpg1_zpse5e61a38.jpg

Enjoy!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Soooo nice!!!! How does the FD feel as a car? Ive sat in one before but never drove because i couldnt fit. :(

TK-421

Soooo nice!!!! How does the FD feel as a car? Ive sat in one before but never drove because i couldnt fit. :(

Its definitely a whole different monster compared to the AWD of an STi. The balance is about on par, due to the 1.3L of the 13B rotary being so dang light. The turbo lag is about as close to non-existent as it gets. Being twin turbocharged has it's advantages as long as they remain smaller turbos.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Can you do me a favor and get a video of you driving the FD pretty please?!?! :D :tup:

Tell me more info on the FD as well. Mileage and price you paid for it. Mods and if you have had it dynoed! :D

TK-421

Can you do me a favor and get a video of you driving the FD pretty please?!?! :D :tup:

Tell me more info on the FD as well. Mileage and price you paid for it. Mods and if you have had it dynoed! :D

Alright, alright, alright, you've twisted my arm back far enough, LOL!

It's a 96, like stated, FD3S, twin Turbocharged. It's pretty factory, just trying to keep it simple and clean. Holds better value. Paid around 16k for it. Has 74k original miles on it. Really never sparked my interest to strap it down on our dyno since it makes stocking power, but if I had to guess it's right on par with a stage 2 STi.

And ill ill get a video for you when I get back from Virginia, on the next nice day.

Sound like a plan [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION]?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It sounds good but it sucks i have to wait! :lol:

Do you know the curb weight off the top of your head?!

Oh another thing! How tall are you that you fit in it?!

I sat in one before and couldnt fit :(

TK-421

It sounds good but it sucks i have to wait! :lol:

Do you know the curb weight off the top of your head?!

Oh another thing! How tall are you that you fit in it?!

I sat in one before and couldnt fit :(

i think the curb weight is a hair under 3,000

And I'm not that tall haha, I'm only 5' 7" buddy, so I'm quite at home in there, or any small cockpit style seating car.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ah perfect car for you then!

The only small car that ive sat in was a brz that fit me perfectly. I was very surprised to say the least.

I got lucky with the sti cause i fit perfectly in it as well with the seat all the way back. And with a better seat that sits lower ill be in even better shape.

Hmmm i thought it was lighter around 2700~ pounds. Where does all the weight come from?!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
1993 Mazda RX-7Specifications. Its the American Versions so...

General

Base R1 Touring / PEG
Wheelbase in.(mm) 95.5 (2425) 95.5 (2425) 95.5 (2425)
Track, Front, in.(mm) 57.5 (1460) 57.5 (1460) 57.5 (1460)
Track, Rear, in.(mm) 57.5 (1460) 57.5 (1460) 57.5 (1460)
Overall Length, in.(mm) 168.5 (4280) 168.5 (4280) 168.5 (4280)
Width, in.(mm) 68.9 (1750) 68.9 (1750) 68.9 (1750)
Height, in.(mm) 48.8 (1230) 48.8 (1230) 48.8 (1230)
Minimum ground clearance, Laden, in.(mm) 4.5 (115) 4.5 (115) 4.5 (115)
Turning circle, curb to curb, ft (m) 35.4 (10.8) 35.4 (10.8) 35.4 (10.8)
Curb Weight, Two Seater, lb (kg) MT 2789 (1265) 2800 (1270) 2862 (1298)
AT 2857 (1296) N/A 2923 (1326)
Weight Distribution, f/r % 50/50 50/50 50/50
Fuel tank capacity, US.gal. (litres) 20 (76) 20 (76) 20 (76)

Performance Maximum Speed, mph (km/h) 158 (252)
Acceleration, 0-60 mph, sec. 4.9
Standing 1/4 mile 13.5
Fuel Consumption, miles/gallon (EPA) MT AT
City 17 18
Highway 25 24
Combined 23.5 23.4

Engine Type Mazda Wankel Rotary, Longitudinal, Front "Midships" (13B-REW)
Number or rotors 2 in line
Generating radius, R, in. (mm) 4.1 (105)
Eccentricity, e, in. (mm) 0.59 (15)
K factor (R/e) 7.0
Width of trochoid chamber, b, in. (cc) 3.1 (80)
Single chamber capacity, cu in. (cc) 40.0 (654.0)
Total cubic capacity, cu in. (cc) 80.0 (1308.0)
Compression ratio 9.0:1
Maximum power, SAE net, bhp 255
@rpm 6500
Maximum torque, SAE net, lb-ft 217
@rpm 5000
Intake port position 2 per chamber, in side housings

Intake port timing
primary port opens, deg ATDC 45
closes, deg ABDC 50
secondary port opens, deg ATDC 32
closes, deg ABDC 50
Exhaust port position 1 per chamber, in trochoid housing (periphrey port)
opens, deg BBDC 75
closes, deg STDC 48
induction system 4-port, dynamic effect induction
Fuel system Digitally controled EGI-HS fuel injection with twin injectors per chamber.
Bosch L-Jetronic based Speed density system.

Turbocharging Sequential twin-turbochargers, with electronic boost control
(Twin Hitachi HT12 turbos w/51mm turbine & 57mm compressor)
Turbine diameter, in. (mm) 2.0 (51)
A/R, low-speed passage 0.6 (Pry)
A/R, low- and high-speed passages 0.6 (Sec)
Compressor daimeter, in. (mm) 2.2 (57)
Maximum boost, in. (mm) Hg 22.4 (570)
Intercoolerair to air, in the nose of the car
Ignition system Electronically controled with triple coils, two spark plugsper rotor chamber, pieeezoelectric knock-sensor
Lubrication system Force-feed. Direct oil injection to trochoid chambers for lubrication and sealing. Oilcooler (twin for "R" model).
Lubricant capacity, US gal. (litres) single 1.3 (4.9) twin 1.4 (5.4)
Cooling system Rotor housings water cooled; twin electric fans(with an auxiliary electric suction fan with airconditioning instalation); aluminium radiator. Rotors oil-cooled.
Coolant capacity, US gal. (litres) 2.3 (8.8)

Drive Train Manual Transmition
Transmission type Type R152, 5-speed manual
Clutch type Single dry plate, diaphragm spring, hydraulically operated with pull-type mechanism
Clutch diameter, outer x inner, in. (mm) 9.3 x 6.3 (236 x 160)
Gearbox type All synchromesh, with double-cone synchronizers on 2nd and 3rd gears (R type)
Gear ratios
1st 3.483:1
2nd 2.015:1
3rd 1.391:1
4th 1.000:1
5th 0.719:1
rev 3.288:1
Final drive type Hypoid
Ratio 4.100:1
Limited-slip differemtial Torsen-type standard

Automatic Transmission
Transmission R4A-EL electronically-controled,4-speed automatic
Type Torque converterand planetary-gear automatic
Torque converterType-GDD with lockup clutch operatinr in 3rd and 4th
stall rpm 3,000
stall ratio 2.1:1
Gear ratios
1st 3.027:1
2nd 1.619:1
3rd 1.000:1
4th 0.694:1
rev 2.272:1
Final drive ratio 3.909:1

Propeller shaft Tube in tube construction
Final drive shafts Equal length haif shafts with constant-velocity joints
Power plant frame Power train and final drive unit are unitized by Power Plant Frame (PPF)

Chassis and Body Layout Front engine Rear wheel drive
Suspension, front Independent, double-wishbones by unequal length upper and lower arms, coil springs, telescopic dampers, anti-roll bar
Suspention, rear Independent, double-wishbones by upper A-arms, lower transverse I-arms, transverse toe-control links, trailing links, coil springs, telescopic dampers. anti-roll bar
Steering type Rack and pinion, engine rpm-sensing, variable hydraulic assistance
Ratio 16.6:1
Turns lock to lock 2.9
Brakes
Front Ventilated discs with 4-piston, floating calipers
Disc diameter/thickness,in.(mm) 11.6 (294)/.5 (11.6)
Pad area, sg in.(cm2) 14 (90)
Rear Ventilated discs with single-piston
Disc diameter/thickness,in.(mm) 11.6 (294)/.5 (11.6)
Pad area, sg in.(cm2) 10 (64)
Vacuum servo 8" + 8" Mastervac vacuum servo
ABS 4-sensor, 3-channel anti-lock brakesystem standard
Wheels Squeeze-cast aluminium wheels, 16 x 8JJ
Tires225/50VR16 (Base) 225/50ZR16 (R1) 225/50VR16 (Touring)
Body "Space-Monocoque" steel, welded body with aluminium hood

and wikipedia has it stated like this for the FD years:
Curb weight1,050–1,340 kg (2,315–2,954 lb)
So, what trim do you have since the weight differentiates so much?

TK-421

Ah perfect car for you then!

The only small car that ive sat in was a brz that fit me perfectly. I was very surprised to say the least.

I got lucky with the sti cause i fit perfectly in it as well with the seat all the way back. And with a better seat that sits lower ill be in even better shape.

Hmmm i thought it was lighter around 2700~ pounds. Where does all the weight come from?!

Mine is the type RB (13B-REW) it's got all the "luxury amenities like leather, sunroof, premium stereo, blah blah blah, not that any of that matters, it was just a vehicle I wanted, with in my price range and was stupidly clean and kept in a heated garage and under a car cover (still is to this day, yes I'm THAT anal)