AEM Air Intakes add an est. 32HP to the 2015 Subaru WRX STI.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well, I could always email AEM and ask them if I forged up a twin intake on my STi, would I get 64hp or even more due to a combination of supernatural parts? :tard:

Now that would be funny. You should email them this thread. ;)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Just emailed them this:

Hey there, I wanted to know if I added two intakes on my 2015 STI, would I get double the gain at 64 hp? Please let me know because I need to buy these intakes as soon as possible. The 2015 feels kind of slow stock and 64 hp would be amazing! Thanks in advance!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
This is almost as bad as those idiots selling "electric superchargers" that add +50whp. You know, the ones that are basically a computer
cooling fan attached to the intake. :rofl: Those guys were tards.

This shit though, I would not expect from AEM. What the hell is going on over there?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
This is almost as bad as those idiots selling "electric superchargers" that add +50whp. You know, the ones that are basically a computer
cooling fan attached to the intake. :rofl: Those guys were tards.

This shit though, I would not expect from AEM. What the hell is going on over there?

Wait they don't work? We have two of them on our STi. :(

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great video!

I have the AEM cai intake lol and I don't think I gained 32whp or 32 to the crank, but I know I did get some gains just can't say how much because I put all parts on and tuned it all together lol. I would more lean towards 15-20 maybe lol and that's with the tune ;)

nowln8r

I purchased this drop in filter for my 2015 WRX

I purchased the AEM drop in filter for my 2015 WRX. I did not notice a power difference. In fact, it idled horribly and gas mileage went from an average of 24 mpg to 18 mpg. If you do buy just an air filter (my only mod in an attempt to get better mpg) ensure you can return it and/or possibly get a tune.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I purchased the AEM drop in filter for my 2015 WRX. I did not notice a power difference. In fact, it idled horribly and gas mileage went from an average of 24 mpg to 18 mpg. If you do buy just an air filter (my only mod in an attempt to get better mpg) ensure you can return it and/or possibly get a tune.
If you had a bone stock car and all you purchased was the filter for the stock air box, drop in like you said, there should be no difference in anything other than an increase of air let through the filter. So, just by adding the drop in filter, that doesn't sound right as far as idle and mpg's are concerned. What's your mod list? There should have been no differences in idle or more fuel consumption from a drop in filter...

nowln8r

If you had a bone stock car and all you purchased was the filter for the stock air box, drop in like you said, there should be no difference in anything other than an increase of air let through the filter. So, just by adding the drop in filter, that doesn't sound right as far as idle and mpg's are concerned. What's your mod list? There should have been no differences in idle or more fuel consumption from a drop in filter...
I have no mods whatsoever. The drop in was it. After a week I took it out. I have tracked my MPG's closely since I bought the car, 80% of my driving is highway driving. It was easy to notice the rough idle and MPG's drop. I am pretty sure it was the filter since it was the only thing I changed. AEM told me over the phone each car is different and they did not believe a car needed to be tuned to use their filter. They didn't say it "didn't" just that they "did not believe" it did. So if anyone wants a drop in, it is theirs lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I have no mods whatsoever. The drop in was it. After a week I took it out. I have tracked my MPG's closely since I bought the car, 80% of my driving is highway driving. It was easy to notice the rough idle and MPG's drop. I am pretty sure it was the filter since it was the only thing I changed. AEM told me over the phone each car is different and they did not believe a car needed to be tuned to use their filter. They didn't say it "didn't" just that they "did not believe" it did. So if anyone wants a drop in, it is theirs lol

I just took a look at the reviews. Not one bad review that is remotely close to what youve experienced. In fact people said they gained 1-3 mpg over stock. Start an intro thread and show us some pictures of your car.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy

Very very strange that this happened with a drop in filter.
Everything was installed correctly? You didn't undo any of the intake hose for install? No leaks post maf? And the maf was installed in the correct position?