AEM Air Intakes add an est. 32HP to the 2015 Subaru WRX STI.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We would like to see the proof behind this statement.

Would anyone else?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Kind of like how i got tricked with my injen CAI on my 05 sti when I first started modding and came from muscle car background where their intake system were not nearly as efficient. LOL

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That's 32 horsepower without a tune, right? :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
http://www.aemintakes.com/search/ae...ar=2015&make=SUBARU&model=WRX+STI&engine=2.5L

Estimated HP(?): 32 HP@ 5400 RPM

AEM performs tests to measure vehicle power on a dynamometer before and after an air intake is installed. Our air intake horsepower claims are based on the results of specific or similar vehicle testing. Sometimes an air intake will fit several vehicles or different years of the same model. In these cases it is not practical to test every application so our horsepower claims are based on similar vehicles where we believe the horsepower gains are reliable.

Horsepower measurements can vary some from day to day due to environmental conditions, the dynamometer used, and the vehicle’s on-board computer adjusting to changing air flow or environmental conditions. While some variations do occur from vehicle to vehicle we feel that our published air intake horsepower gain numbers provide a good measure for what the average vehicle can expect to gain with a specific air intake.

In short, AEM doesn't care if you blow your car up. :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wonder how many people don't read that part?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I still call bullshit on 32 hp even to the crank. That's ludicrous gains for just an intake...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] what do you say?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I also want Chad's input on this as well. :tup:
[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]

TK-421

I also want Chad's input on this as well. :tup:
@TK-421

Since my email summoned me.... Maybe AEM failed to mention that they strapped a Ryobi cordless leaf blower to the pod filter, and moved the Dyno to the beach at sea level and also put an industrial air conditioner in front of the car to maximize the amount of cool air charge.

OR, the "engineers" at AEM are using magic mushrooms and hallucinating, because 32 horsepower for an intake, is quite literally impossible. Maybe 12 or 14 horsepower, but 32? Yeah without correction factor on any DynoJet, you can fudge any numbers, it's the "selling" point for these companies.

Most STi owners, especially GR/GV owners will add an intake for noise making purposes, since the stock Airbox has internally built in baffles unlike the GD Airbox. So if AEM can "justify" spending over 300 bucks on a noise maker by saying it adds 32 horsepower right out of the box, most people are going to buy it, the "cool" factor.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We call that straight up false advertisement!

Haha oh my

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well, I could always email AEM and ask them if I forged up a twin intake on my STi, would I get 64hp or even more due to a combination of supernatural parts? :tard: