Is There A Place In The World For A Subaru WRX STI Convertible Like This?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! KILL IT WITH FIRE!:rambo:

This render shows us what a convertible version of Subaru's new AWD WRX STI would look like. So what do you think of it?
By Alex Kersten, 16 December 2014 82

wrx-cabrio-549044e337856.jpeg

This is not a real car. It is a roof-chopped render of the Japanese brand’s latest model, the WRX STI. The question I want to put to you is: do you think that a car like this has a place in this world, or should it remain exactly what it is, a Photoshop chop?

The reason I ask is because the world is full of cars that we’d never have thought possible a few years ago. Example: who’d have thought that Porsche’s most popular model would be a high-riding 4x4 SUV called the Cayenne? If you’d have said that to any self-respecting petrolhead 15 years ago, they’d have slapped you across the face and deleted your pager number (remember those?). Then there are the niches. Oh, how the Germans love a good niche, CLA 45 AMG Shooting Brake, and CLS being no exception. And don’t even get me started on the X6 or 3-series GT…

My point is, if the world has time and space for these sorts of cars, then why not an AWD convertible with a hungry 2.5-litre boxer-four? This render reveals it to be an attractive car, and its performance would be mental, just like the WRX saloon.

GET OUR NEWEST HOODIE! ONLY *$34.97* ORDER HERE!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If it had 400 hp and 400 tq from factory, I would approve.