avogtx55??

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]?

TK-421

AVO Turbos? Shit I haven't tuned an AVO turbo in years. Dealers for these turbos are starting to become scarce since they are Aussie made and imported to the U.S. Which in return also means that parts for them are harder to come by.

Whoever your tuner is needs to branch out a little bit, there are other great stock frame platform Turbochargers out there. Not saying AVO turbos are bad, they are a great piece of equipment. It's just there are other USA made turbos that will cost you a shit ton less and preform just the same if not better.

dcp2

Currently having my block built Manley forged Pistons and hbeam block, arp head studs, etc... What turbo and supporting mods will you purchase if you were in my shoes?

TK-421

I get this question quite a bit, and the first thing I always ask my customers is this.

What are your power goals?

TK-421

Eh reliable power in a 4 cylinder is a very debatable topic.

But if your looking for 400,

Turbo
1000cc or greater Injectors I personally recommend Injector Dynamics
TGV Deletes
Air Oil Separator
For heat soak purposes because your in the Philippines Id also recommend a Front Mount Intercooler. And as much heat isolation as you can get.
At least a Stage 2 clutch, something with a 80% above stock clamping load.
Stick with a stock flywheel, lightweight flywheels tend to cause idle issues during tuning.
I would also do tubular headers and Uppipe, your choice in either equal or unequal. Honestly unless the car is a dyno Queen and chasing numbers the debate of UEL vs EL headers is a moot point, it all comes down to personal preference by then.
If you don't already have it by now, upgraded fuel pump, I recommend the aeromotive 340LPH. Id also do the air pump delete on it as well, not a huge horsepower gain, but it makes for less weight and less engine bay clutter for running IC pipes.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I guess I'm a bit skeptical with a tuner demanding a specific turbo and brand.

I forget what the upper limit of a rebuilt stock turbo is, in terms of HP, but that's at least a known quantity and potentially much cheaper. Here's one place that does them: www.[B]6starspeed[/B].com

dcp2

I have a perrin intake, agency power headers and upipe, tomei expreme turbo exhaust, lots of cusco and avo chassis parts etc