Looks aside, what's the best year STI?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Let me see if i can make this a poll.

In the mean time, LOOKS ASIDE, which year do you think is the most complete package, technically?

Things to consider: tunes, diffs, washer bottle locations, wheel bolt pattern, aerodynamics, top/side-feed injectors, etc.

edit: lets allow interior considerations, but not looks. EG, headunits being different, or seat functionality, not the "look" of the interior.

Last edited:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I think they keep getting better, aside from looks, with every refresh, so I'm hoping to say the 2015 as soon as I test drive one.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well let me do the rundown of my 07 (probably forgetting a lot)

Pros:
MP3 CD Headunit
Topfeed Injectors
Rear diffuser
Upgraded cowl brase
Torsen rear diff
Aux jack

Cons:
Tune from the factory sucks
Includes bulky/heavy airpump
washer bottle blocks any brake duct on driver's side
Worse front control arms

Not-sure-if-pro-or-con:
Requires a WRX rear sway bar

I'd say that puts it in the running for best ;)

mrfatride

I know this might sound stupid but i would say 04-07's get it in my book just alone for the fact that there is a really great place to put gauges outside of a-pillars using the ATI clock pod. I wish my '14 had a clean option for gauges. The ati triple pod looks like crap and you have to drill holes into the dashboard.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Aright...Since everyone else is doing Pro's and Con's, I'll attempt to do some for my '13 GV.

Pros:
Quick
A handling beast
Ability to turn off "Bat outta hell" mode.
Comfortable DD
Plenty of Room for Hauling most of my stuff
Beautiful
HID's
Crisp Shifter Throws
Decent Sound System
Heated Seats
Steering Wheel Mounted Controls

Cons:
-Average MPG Reading, But no Miles to Empty function, and I find that slightly more useful lol.
-Boost Gauge is an extra $300. I wish it was a part of the digital display like in the '15 STi
-Body Roll. Only a minor complaint, but sometimes I do feel the weight of the vehicle]
-Needs an infotainment head unit. I know a Nav unit was available, but from what I read they're not worth the money
-Grippier seats. Im quite a skinny guy, and I know that's part of it, but I do wish they were just a bit of a tighter fit.
-I wish I could monitor more systems, like Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature, etc etc with Standard equipment
-Chrome Headlight surrounds.
-Lastly, I think Subaru is capable of making a more powerful engine that's more efficient. I'm not asking for hybrid mpg or miles to the tank, but a little more than 21 tops up here in the mountains would be nice.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Western, the funny thing about the seats is this:

People were complaining that 04-07 are too tight and fatter people wouldnt fit.

Ive sat in '11 sti seats and i feel mine are wayyyyy better at holding you in.

So thats why 11+ arent as aggressive as the 04-07s were.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
For normal sized people, they'd be great. But for a stick like me, they're a little on the loose side. I know it's something that few, if any, stock seats will satisfy, so it's not a huge complaint. It's kind of like finding a shoe that really fits my extremely skinny foot