New WRX owner

adamb258

Hey everyone,

First subie and found this forum a few days ago. I have a feeling ill be spending more time here than a few of the other sites. =)

"Short" history: I am a long time mustang fan boy (still am), high school weekends were spent rebuilding my friends 88GT and his brother 70 chevelle ss. Me and my wife also rebuilt a 68 coupe for her when we first got married. I went from a 03 Mach 1 to a 04 cobra (totaled). I then changed gears a bit with an 08 C6 until i picked up my dream car at the time a 2011 GT500. This is the car I had until last week.

We all know priorities shift from time to time. Me and my wife are gearing up to start a family and needed something a bit more practical but i was not ready to give up my car enthusiast roots. Back when i got the C6 i test drove some STI's (this would have been 06) and was some paperwork away from making the purchase. The dealer tried to burn me and I walked away and never looked back.

Luckily this time I had an excellent dealer experience and walked away with a loaded SWP WRX 5-Door!!!! I have a new found respect for these cars.

I am having way more fun in this than the Shelby. 515 RWHP isnt much fun when all you do is spin tires and make noise.

I know people are going to ask for pics but its been snowing and raining in N Dallas since i made the purchase. Here is all i have for the time being.

Adam B

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome Adam.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Let me be the first one!

PICTURES MY MAN PICTURESSSSS!!!!

I love mustangs!!!!! Def pics asap!!!!!

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!

Make a journal for the wrx cause we are all very interested in seeing the fun progress!!!!! :tup:

adamb258

I am sure the mod list questions are coming. I am having Flexshield in Denton install re tail light overlays and tint the windows for me in the next week. That was my priority number one.

Once I decide on AP vs OS and select which tuner I was to do the work ill go right to stage 2. After that cosmetics and audio is on the list. I have always been in a rush to modify my cars from day 1, i may take this one more slowly and enjoy the ride

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
God damn... Love them alll!! Definitely want to see info on the cobra in particular. Info on all though!!!! Include the details when you make the wrx journal pleaseeeeeee! :D

adamb258

I have read sway bar is the best bang for the buck suspension mod so that will go along with my protune/downpipe most likely

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome and very nice collection of cars.
Cobb tuning plano is near you. I used them for my protune and they do good work. Might want to consider an ethanol tune along with your pump gas map. Big difference between the two.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sways & Endlinks best bang for the $$$$.

ZackUSAF82

Congrats on the new ride and I concur on the sways/endlinks!