Hello From Indiana

Just joined a few days ago. I have a 2012 STi WRB. Bought it new and said I was gonna wait till the warranty ended to start modifying. Can't believe I thought that would last! Last winter couldn't wait anymore! Now am stage 2 with carbon fiber drive shaft, sway bar, end links, eibach springs and some motor dress up. Just got a pilar gauge pod and a few other items not yet installed. I will post picks soon and start a new post with the what I've done and working on.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Can't wait to see it [MENTION=4158]Jeaton6[/MENTION].

How you like the carbon drive shaft? Who makes it?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Did you notice a difference?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!

Pics of the ride!!!!!!

What car did you have prior?

The biggest difference I noticed was downshifting, doesn't help slow down like it did with the stock shaft.

Going to start a journal soon just wanted to get some pics ready before I do.

Previous cars not worth mentioning. Had plans after I got done with school to get a car. One thing after another kept me from buying one, then kids starting happening. When looking for a car this time, I wanted something that the three kids could get in easily. As soon as I saw the 2012 body style I knew that's what I wanted. With work and a young family, wasn't keeping up on cars much. Now I'm hooked on Subies and can't imagine not having one! I really enjoy the car and Subie people are usually respectful compared to a lot of other car people I've been around.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
The biggest difference I noticed was downshifting, doesn't help slow down like it did with the stock shaft.

Really? I noticed just the opposite. When I get off of the gas, I slow down much faster with the CF Driveshaft. I think that makes sense too, less rotating mass, less inertia keeping the wheels moving.

Last edited:
Really? I noticed just the opposite. When I get off of the gas, I slow down much faster with the CF Driveshaft. I think that makes sense too, less rotating mass, less inertia keeping the wheels moving.

That does make sense maybe I did too much at once? After all the mods I did last winter that was one thing I noticed. I read on some threads from IWSTI that others said their drive shafts made engine braking less aggressive. After you bringing that up and thinking about it, I agree with you the drive shaft should make engine braking better.