An Era Nearly Dead: Mitsubishi Teases Lancer Evolution X Final Concept

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The end is near..........

Scheduled to make its debut at the 2015 Tokyo Auto Salon next month is the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Final Concept. Yes, almost the final Evo. We heard last November directly from the Japanese automaker that the final Evo was on its way. The image you see here is nearly it. This Final Edition is going to feature matte black paint, chrome detailing, and a gloss finish roof and rear spoiler. The interior will feature a number of other upgrades such as heated seats, leather upholstery, power sunroof, and improved sound deadening materials.

452535.jpg

A five-speed manual will be standard and a six-speed twin-clutch is an option. Most importantly, the final Evo will have some performance upgrades and some suspension tuning. According to Indian Autos Blog, the 2.0-liter four engine is being given a new turbocharger from HKS as well as an ECU update, and new intake and exhaust systems. There’ll also be an adjustable sport suspension and 19-inch forged aluminum wheels. Production will be limited to only 2,000 units. We’ll have additional details and photos next month.

452475.jpg

452476.jpg

452477.jpg

452478.jpg

source: indianautosblog.com

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Curious to see factory rated performance.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy shit?! Whats cost gonna be then?!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Is that hp just a rumor? I want to see an official statement from mitsubishi. :tup:

Is that hp just a rumor? I want to see an official statement from mitsubishi. :tup:
Not sure to be honest. I dont really know much about mitsubishi autos. I hope it's a rumor though lol. I also heard from a fella that works at my local subie dealer that subaru is fixing to change the STI motor... to what I have no knowledge... yet.

This is all he said.... "Next year 16-17!5$3 STI gets a new motor and slight revision. Not fair for those who bought the old EJ25"

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] already knows what the new sti engine will be. :tup:

On mitsubishis site, theres nothing about it. :(

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

TK-421

The final Evo concept will not be released in the US, it does not meet emissions standards and NHTSA safety guidelines.

The factory power rating is 470hp and 485tq. The stock 4B11T can support around 500 to 530 on stock internals, with a good tune and supporting mods.

The '15 Evo GSR and MR have some subtle differences to the '14 and older.

1st being, no more recaro seats, and this is only in the US due to NHTSA being a bag of dicks and requiring all new cars to have side impact airbags in the seats. So in turn the Evo now only comes with the same seats that are in a Ralliart.

2nd is side turn signal indicators in the mirrors

3rd, the Entertainment system is all touchscreen, no more hard buttons.

But as far as the articles above, it has been confirmed that the Final Concept Evo WILL NOT be released in the US. If there will be any release of a final Evo it will be a very dumbed down version.

For years in both Japan and Britain, they have been getting Evos with gobs of power straight from the factory. Things like the FQ320, 360 and FQ400.

Buschur Racing made an attempt to offer a similar package and Ryan Gates at 311RS does something similar, but only does it with 5 vehicles each year.

The final concept Evo had a price point of around 50 to 55k USD.

For that money you can go out and buy a brand new '15 GSR and build it to full tilt with around 700 plus horsepower, with a spare engine and 9 sets of wheels. The major differences that I could see from an inside source at a mitsubishi dealer was that the concept Evo had a bigger turbocharger, something equivalent to a FP Red and 850cc injectors. I believe the turbo was going to be a HKS GTII Max unit, it's an awesome idea honestly I'm sad that they will not be releasing it here in the US. I think it's an honest crock of shit that we get the short end of the stick, yet things like Lingenfelter Corvettes and Dodge Hellcats can be produced and driven on the street.

We have missed out on key vehicles here like the 22B, the older Evo's, FQ series Evo's, S206 series STi's, Forester STi's and many many more cool vehicles.

When I went to Japan with my Dad growing up I saw soooo many awesome cars, namely my first Evo and First STi. [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] and I have had many a discussion about this.

But to quash the rumors of a final Evo here in the US, it's just going to be the Standard Evo GSR and MR Editions, and this is straight from a dealership.

Sad Panda

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well it looks like you will build yours to full tilt with around 700 plus horsepower, with a spare engine and 9 sets of wheels. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Nah if I get one its gonna be an MR that way I can have the paddle shifters and for lazy days the automatic.

Thats no fun. Manual is where its at!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
From my understanding only a special edition came in automatic. It was a GR with tan interior. 2010 or so. They offer 2015+ in auto now?!

TK-421

Oh man no no no no they have been offering the STi in a paddle shift form since 2010 and up! Every year has had it. When I saw a GV sedan with an auto shift console I was like wait wut?!