35.8 KB · Views: 143
dyno plot break in.jpgbreak in dyno plot 361whp/314wtq @ 17psi

IMG_20140126_103059.jpg
as she sits the other day 1/24/14

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow thanks previous owner. So shitty. Just wow. Was it a fun 7k at least? :lol:

Wow thanks previous owner. So shitty. Just wow. Was it a fun 7k at least? :lol:

WELL, its a long story. theres a lot to it more than what im about to explain. Performance auto solutions owner Dave Brown fired his co-owner (partner) JB for messing up a bunch of orders/builds, including mine and over charged me for 3+ hours of labor and a bunch of parts. on top of that JB messed up my sales tax. from the beginning of time when i first emailed them and asked for a quote, he thought i lived in Connecticut. So from the time JB first spoke to me, till they rebuilt my car and I went to pick it up, he didnt even add sales tax because he thought i was out of state. I live in NY. the shop is in NYC. LOL so i went to the shop with the total amount JB told me, and he was asking for 500$ more for sales tax. i said no no,then he noticed the extra labor and parts he added to my invoice. and we worked things out, but its just the hassle that makes ppl not wanna come back. plus the fact that i had numerous things wrong with my car after the fact. my hood dampeners were ripped off, not removed, ripped. bettery tie down wasnt on. they used zip ties for coolant clamps. my throttle drive by wire was removed without telling me why. i told them all my problems, specifically Dave Brown. He fixed them for me. for free.

anyways they fired JB, and Adam and Dave @ PAS are AMAZING people, they went above and beyond to satisfy my needs.

i needed to send the car back to them after it got rebuilt. it had 530 break in miles. it thought it was done for. i heard a knock. and they explained to me how it has to get to normal operating temps, before the piston slap goes away. and the knock noise was an interooler pipe from my FMIC whacking my timing cover. they put a silicone hose over the metal IC pipe and it solved the problem. they gave me a new map for free as well, and a few dyno pulls for free.

They let me sit inside and start otehr customer cars/builds. it was AWESOME! they explained what was done to that specific build/motor, and when i started it, it sounded much like my issue, but it was jsut piston slap and they were expanding to the cylinder walls, while heating up. one specific i remember was a GC8 fully built with an sti longblock, and some agressive 272 cams it was loud!!! they explained that with build heads when their cold as well will have a super loud tick till they are warmed up properly as well.

it was a fun experience you can say. i drove to nyc 2 times and back. trailer-ed the car one time back, and drove it back the other time. never paid an extra dime for parts or labor or service. only thing i paid for was gas to drive out and back, and a uhaul trailer the last time.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn thats shitty for the first half and awesome for the second half!

Damn thats shitty for the first half and awesome for the second half!

haha yeah usually how the story goes, to a happy ending. Im super happy with the car now, just working out all the bugs. Which makes me think, I bet my thermostat was bad for a while now...lol I need my new bosch 02 sensor from innovate motorsport gauges real soon.

IMG_20140122_020830.jpg
makes me miss summer. so clean. rotas are tucked away inside, out of the elements luckly!

Omg how did i miss this shot?! Soooooo gooooooood! :tup:

Screw this winter!

haha idk! thanks man, I really miss my summer setup. I found a local guy with an 04 sti who wants to trade my tokico d spec's with RCE yellow lowering springs for his Street Tuned Coils :)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
haha idk! thanks man, I really miss my summer setup. I found a local guy with an 04 sti who wants to trade my tokico d spec's with RCE yellow lowering springs for his Street Tuned Coils :)

Straight up trade?!?!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yep! :D I wanna keep my top-hats though, and I need to find the garage space to pull them this upcoming week!

Thats awesome!

Thats awesome!

I cant wait, its gunna give her a new look. Next is some fatter tires, I have 235's stretched on a 9.5 wheel LOL :lol: when I drop her on the coils, I'm gunna roll and pull the fenders and fit a 265 in there :D

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I cant wait, its gunna give her a new look. Next is some fatter tires, I have 235's stretched on a 9.5 wheel LOL :lol: when I drop her on the coils, I'm gunna roll and pull the fenders and fit a 265 in there :D

Thats gonna be nasty!!!! Cant wait to see!

Just ordered my new replacement wideband sensor for my AFR gauge, hope this is the fix! 87.25$ shipped to my door :tup:

Got my Amsoil and 6pack filters :tup:
IMAG1209.jpg