Boost Gauge... Check this out!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
So I wasn't sure how accurate this thing would really be once all was said and done. Well seeing is believing! I had to work through some fairly mind boggling math to get this to scale properly But I wasn't expecting these results. I ended up borrowing a vac/press hand pump from work that is verified annually and is NIST traceable. Check out the results. I can't say for sure that this would be the most accurate boost gauge on the market but it surely is in the top 3. The nice thing is it maintains that same level of accuracy no matter what the atmospheric conditions or altitude.

Unfortunately for those looking for one soon will have to wait till testing can be done and feedback is made. I was speaking to Matt from Spec Ops Motorsports and he is going to beta test the first unit. In speaking with him he made the suggestion for functionality to make the unit a full blown baro compensated boost controller with speed and gear compensation options as well. I liked the idea and I think I will be working on a version. I will have to incorporate OBDII connectivity to read the selected gear and speed but that is easily done.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Cant wait for actual testing to commence!!!!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Me to! Matt's unit will be ready in about 3 weeks. This particular one is going to my best friend Ray!

I remember ray. In which car is he gonna put it in?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well I'm still working on the two prototypes for SpecOps and Ray's Performance and I will be distributing them for testing real soon. In the mean time I will be starting production on the next batch of prototypes for you guys.

I am making a total of five more units in the first batch that I will be giving to crztrbo, alinro, spamby, grinder and batmobile... The second batch will be for the rest of the moderators here. Kind of a thank you for the support you have given to the forum and sticking with us for so long. It will take some time for me to get this all together but it should be worth it. There are basically two models available here. A 3 bar with 0-5v out and a 4 bar with 0-5v out and data logging to SD. Unfortunately these do not allow setting of thresholds because I still don't have viable menu code yet, but I can make the existing code available to you should you want to change these thresholds your self. It is easy to do and I can show you how to do it once I have them complete. I will have pictures of the completed package once I am done with the first two prototypes.

If you want the 4 bar unit then I will have to ask for $100 because the extra components are expensive. Otherwise the 3 bar unit is free to you guys.

Here are it's features and specs so far...

3 bar version:

- 3 bar range from -28 inHg to 30 psi of Manifold Relative Pressure
- Full barometric compensation (altitude and atmosphere)
- RGB back lit 2x16 negative LCD display
- Custom customer specific opening ceremony greeting w/current atmospheric conditions
- Changes background color according to PSI alert and warning thresholds and vacuum status
- Strobe light when warning threshold is reached (over boost)
- Positive boost is in PSI, negative boost is in inHg
- Numeric display with auto resetting peak/hold
- Bar-graph display
- 0-5 volt output, can be used as a compensated MAP sensor for a standalone EMS or external data logger (See foot Note**).
- Wired remote display unit w/windshield mount
- Input Voltage, 9-17 VDC
- Uses external GM 3 bar map sensor SMP# AS210 (rugged design)
- Microprocessor, Arduino UNO Rev 3

4 bar version:

- 4 bar range from -30 inHg to 43 psi of Manifold Relative Pressure
- Full barometric compensation (altitude and atmosphere)
- RGB back lit 2x16 negative LCD display
- Custom customer specific opening ceremony greeting w/current atmospheric conditions
- Changes background color according to PSI alert and warning thresholds, vacuum status and logging status
- Strobe light when warning threshold is reached (over boost)
- Positive boost is in PSI, negative boost is in inHg
- Numeric display with auto resetting peak/hold
- Bar-graph display
- 0-5 volt output, can be used as a compensated MAP sensor for a standalone EMS or external data logger (See foot Note**).
- Wired remote display unit w/windshield mount
- Data logging to built in SD card
- Switch input for data logging control and reset
- Input Voltage, 9-17 VDC
- Uses internal SMT mounted MPXA6400AP MAP sensor component
- Microprocessor, Arduino UNO Rev 3

** Not for use for EMS or ECU with existing baro compensation

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
We must all shower you with our gratification!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesomeeeee!!!!!!!!!

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Wow George. I had no idea you were doing this. That's awesome buddy! Thanks for all you do!!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Are you serious?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
wow, thats really generous of your George.

How will one log this to SD? Or does that mean Speed Density not Secure Digital?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
wow, thats really generous of your George.

How will one log this to SD? Or does that mean Speed Density not Secure Digital?

SD card! Thats what it says under the 4 bar.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
He has to be joking with us. Right?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
No I'm not joking. Believe me I'm getting as much out of this as you are. It is medicinal for me to sit down and forget every shitty thing that happens to me daily and work on these little projects. I love doing this stuff and I have fun. Keeps me from shooting people. :tup: Also these things are not that expensive at all.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
No I'm not joking. Believe me I'm getting as much out of this as you are. It is medicinal for me to sit down and forget every shitty thing that happens to me daily and work on these little projects. I love doing this stuff and I have fun. Keeps me from shooting people. :tup: Also these things are not that expensive at all.

After all said is done. I wonder what other amazing things youre going to end up making! Ill buy everything you make!!!!! :tard: :lol: