Heat Tape Discussion

I guess I'm approaching it from the opposite end. My thoughts is that $10 can maybe get me a a few degrees (a few hp, a margin of safety, however you want to look at it). And that's the cheapest I'll get anything like that on this car. I think your approach is equally valid in the "why would i throw $10 in the gutter for something thats toally unproven." So I think we're on the same page there. I guess I've just spent $10 on far stupider things, so in that way it seems like a bargain. (I tend to put small purchases in the terms of smoething like "a chipotle meal with guac", so in that regard i'd rather have some car stuff and eat a hot dog instead. And no tape is ever going to cure the stuck-in-traffic heat soak or anything close

that 10 dollars spent some people think of it as yea, ill drop a few degrees but like i said before i think it would almost add degrees instead of subtracting. thats my test hypothesis along with yea spending money on something not proven i somewhat agree with since we all buy into some hype depending on how much we want something. I've thrown money out before too so i cant be a hypocrite there. that and i can get down on some chipotle... the stuck in traffic thing is something that happens to the majority of so so thats what i base the bulk of my stance on. not only that but the majority of tape users that i see put it on without giving two shits on how it looks, have "the more the better" attitude when applying it so it looks ugly and tacky...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!