Highlanders MY03 STi Prodrive

Highlander395

Hi everyone,

since I've introduced myself a couple weeks ago, I found the time fit to start my own topic here.

As the titel says, i own a RHD MY03 STi Prodrive. After searching for about 4-5 months, i came across this one in the UK. I've done the import myself and currently i'm waiting to ged the technical approval to be done.
The car however came with some mods. Mods which are only partially allowed here in Belgium so I had to start searching some OEM equipment (later more about that).

So here she is, specs are below :)

DSC_00381600px.jpg

DSC_01081600px.jpg

DSC_01131600px.jpg

DSC08250Small.jpg

Specs:
- 2.0l with bigger turbo setup (SC46)
- 361bhp @ 20psi (1.4bar) :tard:

Engine mods:
- K&N typhoon induction (will be replaced but has no priority)
- Wallbro fuel pomp
- SSI Unequal lenght headers
- Catless downpipe 3"
- Catless midpipe 2.5"
- Japstyle muffler with 4" tip
- SC 46 turbo (Scoobyclinic)
- ECUTEK remap (by Scoobyclinic)
- SC Hybrid dump valve
- Front cold air feed
- Uprated semi stiff clutch (should be able to handle up to 500bhp)

Suspension:
- 32 way adjustable Race Logic coilover
- Front camber plates
- Tarox brake discs in front
- EBC red/yellow brake pads (fr/rear)

As for the parts that aren't allowed here in Belgium, I have to replace the exhaust and the suspension. Since it's a RHD, I also need to change the headlights so they have the correct image :)

Plans:
- Get it streetlegal in belgium!! (prio nr 1)
- Suspension mods for time to time track (ab)use :)
- Engine checkup to see if i have any or anomalies
- Refubishing the OZ Prodrives
- Some engine mods after the check up

This will be done over the years :p I have no intention to rush and install everything at once. I want to be able to drive the car, enjoy it, learn to know it's handling and performance and make sure i can handle it :twisted:

That's all for now folks :)

Highlander out!

Highlander395

Since I bought an 8 year old car, I like to check on everything that has been modified to it. This way, I learn to know the car a bit better concerning installing and removing parts and shizzle :)

First thing to do: headlights!
Conversion to LHD was needed so i took them out. I had ori OEM JDM xenons on it, which after removal, appeared to be installed afterwards. They messed up the wiring loom one side, leaving me with a cable without plug :(

DSC02730Custom.jpg

DSC02722Custom.jpg

DSC02726Custom.jpg

I already started searching for Xenon headlights but as they were aftermarket installed, a set of ordinary OEM WRX lights would be the perfect solution to my problem :tup:

Z1107

Jeez I thought the US was strict with what is street legal and not. (Not that we pay attention)

Highlander395

Strict is the least you can say.. Our technical approval isn't waterproof dough, what they don't know or don't see, you pass with it :) The best we can do here is to modify and make sure it's invisible or nearly OEM replica.

The Prodrive is actually a package which is installed after buying the car. It comes with a certificate of installation and consists out of 3 things.
1. The remap of the ECU
2. catless midsection and Prodrive backbox (which has been replaced by the previous owner :( )
3. Y-pipe of the TMIC is a complete silicone hose.

Basically you can mod a WRX into Prodrive as well :)
Downside of my car is that 2 out of 3 things mentioned above have been 'removed' .. It has a complete catless TBE and the remap has been redone to get to 360bhp.. Shame on them, but it's a solid base to build on :)

Renegade

Alright I was just wondering since it didn't quite look like a Prodrive done car. Do you have any pictures of the certificate? I've just never seen a build like this before and very curious.

Sad to hear they took out all the Prodrive bits I would have left everything the way it was since I love Prodrive parts and wouldn't care about keeping them on the car. Or at least swapping them but finding replacements parts and keeping the Prodrive parts as back up.

Last edited:

Highlander395

This is the certificate: (blacked out the chassisnumber just in case.. )
img0072mediumk.jpg

It is indeed very sad they took off those parts without keeping them as spare. Would love to find a backbox to complete the car again if I would ever consider selling her. The mapping is useless with the new turbo so replacing current map with the prodrive tune isn't a good solution. My intention is to get to +400bhp so prodrive or not, it doesn't really matter.

@ Renegade: I think I understand your point of view regarding looks of a Prodrive. Prodrive has actually BUILD only 1 type.. the P1 (see pic below).
800px-Subaru_Impreza_Prodrive_P1.jpg

Only 1000 of them were produced anno 1999-2002. They are stock WRX Type R's which were rebuild to the famous P1. These of course had a different front bumper, front lip, and some extra accesoirees.. so you had the different look :)
After that, Prodrive only specialized in tuning when the bug-eye arrived. And it became known as the PPP: Prodrive Performance Package. Different y-pipe, backbox and prodrive tune were installed on any WRX or STi since then. :)

Highlander395

So, here I am again :)

After a search of nearly a month, i've found the correct LHD headlights i need! They needed to be fixed (wiring) but the glass and the reflectors were ok. These aren't regular headlights. The inner chrome part has been spraypainted black and they are detangoed :)
After a quick fix and a test, they are now awaiting adjustment on the car.

IMG_0651Small.jpg

IMG_0652Small.jpg

IMG_0653Small.jpg

Next up was stripping the interior of the car. The previous owner wanted to put subs and lots of boomboompower in the trunk, I don't so removal of al that sh*t was necessary. Found a switch to a spark plug in the exhaust... :roll: => Removed!!
Cable routing of the meterset is PITA as well :| checked everything, wiring needs to be redone too (not that big a deal but it's all extra work).

DSC02759Small.jpg

DSC02761Small.jpg

DSC02738Small.jpg

DSC02741Small.jpg

DSC02744Small.jpg

Meanwhile, I've found an original Prodrive backbox and and OEM suspension too :cool:
Technical approval, here I come :D

Hope to have it roadlegal by November.. I know this sounds like a lot of time, but I have to work 2 months in a foreign country. That leaves me about 3 weeks to get everything done. :tup:

That's it for today :)

Paul.c

Glad to see you're making progress with your car. I look forward to seeing the 400whp beast you speak of.

Highlander395

After a month of silence due to being in Africa, I restarted working on the scooby yesterday :)
Technical approval must be done by the end of next week so I decide to install the stock suspension.
Status yesterday noon:

foto4.jpg

foto1.jpg

Just to prove I actually did something :p
foto2.jpg

Dirteeeh:
foto3-1.jpg

Forester mode:
foto5.jpg

Today I swapped the exhaust as well. All cats are back and the backbox is a Prodrive one. This should do to pass next week :)

Highlander395

Wish me luck :) Tomorrow's D-Day :p

In the mean time, some goodies have arrived/ have been picked up as well :D

The thing every scooby should have:
DSC02874Small.jpg

Also bought an extra set of wheels & tires for trackdays only. Will probably mount them on the car next years when I refurbish my OZ Prodrive's.
DSC02836Small.jpg

IMG_0070Small.jpg

Highlander395

Thx guys!! :)

Last friday I cleaned the coilovers and mounted them back on the scooby. Forestermode disabled :cool:
Before:
foto32Small.jpg

After:
IMG_0109Small.jpg

I was planning on disassembling them completely so I could adjust them to my preference. Unfortunately, some of the rings were so tight we weren't able to loosen them :( For now, the coils are back the way they were.. After winter I order some new rings and give the coilovers a full revision :)
Tomorrow I'll put back the catless exhaust and install the Grimmspeed heat shield (after some adjustments I think :( ). The Hella's will be installed as well :)

More to come!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What did you use to clean them up so clean?