New to this forum..

05wrb

eqy7u9us.jpg

my old setup made 466whp on pump gas, you can do it!!

Although i had stock crank, manley rods h-beam, acl race bearings, manley pistons, 2.0L heads, ported to match the 2.5L and built with BC 280's new valves, springs, retainers, etc.

I had only 850cc injectors, they maxed out. So did the maf. My 83mm maxed out at 22psi. Everything was good till 27psi, so more power was to be made.

I also had a GIANT AMR T60R 10.5cm hotside, stock location.
^I would love to trade someone and downgrade to a 20G XT turbo for the faster spool, and full boost @ 3600 rpms instead of 5500rpm now with this huge snail.

I kno you can make that with e85, its just how reliable it will be.

This setup i just explained exploded a main bearing last year. my heads and everything else was saved, except i needed a new bottom end. I got a brand new block with drop in manley pistons, stock sti rods, bearings. im on a break in tune now at 17psi making 330/314. with a protune @ 22psi i should be close to 400whp on pump 93, im hoping.. ;)

05wrb

I will have a full build list up soon.. it has forged rods and pistons.. and titanium valve springs and retainers... fully blue printed block ported and polished heads. Cosworth high flow/volume oil pump.. 1000cc id top feed.. AEM 320 lph fuel pump.. stock turbo.. for now. And much more!..

I should have just bought a cosworth long block.. with all the money i spent.... but oh well..

a cosworth long block is pricey IMO. A buddy of mine is making 400whp with e85 and stock turbo with e85 and stock snail. I will be VERY surprised if you make it to 475 with minimal mods. It will take alot of mods to get there which makes it less worth it IMO when you can just get a different turbo...but good luck for sure!

05wrb

Yeah.. plan is to get gtx3076r stock location ... but first im gonna see just how much i can get out of the stock turbo... and make sure this motor is nice and broken in... i have already spent over 15k on the build...

Everything is in place to support the new turbo and make lots of power... just missing the turbo for now...... running on 93oct pump gas now for break in.. low boost..14psi.. cant wait to crank up the boost and put some E85 in it......... on the first couple dyno runs we saw good numbers ..still at low boost..16psi and only about 75% 80% throttle it made 382whp..

It only has about 350 miles on the motor so far... still fresh...

Big plans though!

05wrb

I will keep everyone up to date with the numbers we make on the stock Turbo once the break in is done... feels like its taking forever to put miles on... .. . I can tell the car wants to go faster.lol..

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome!

You could stay with the "stock" snail with a billet upgrade. People I trust have told me there's quite a bit to be gained with that [relatively] cheap upgrade.