Teh Gran Turismo 5 thread.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I got it! Yes!

How to send a friend a car AND keep it.

-You will need to have a usb thumb stick or HD (formated to FAT32)

Go to: Save Data Utility
DSC02545.jpg

Find GT5 folder
DSC02546.jpg

Open
DSC02547.jpg

Press "Triangle", then select "Copy"
DSC02558.jpg

Set copy destination to USB thumbstick, then press "X"
DSC02550.jpg

Exit and start GT5

Find car you want to give to friend
DSC02552.jpg

Choose friend
DSC02553.jpg

Send
DSC02554.jpg

After it says "Operation Complete" exit the game to main menu.

Go to Save Data Utility
DSC02545.jpg

Open GT5 folder, press "triangle" and delete
DSC02555.jpg

Back in Save Data Utility at top you will open USB thumbdrive
DSC02556.jpg

Press "triangle" and select "copy"
DSC02558.jpg

Now you will have your same car that you gave away back in your garage as if you never gave it away.

Thanks to the thagreenteam on Houston-Imports.

Last edited:
Really Evo, that bad? What don't you like about it?

I'm just not impressed with it. Damage is sub par on cars that actually have it, graphics don't look much better than a year old Forza3, physics don't seem better than Forza like they use too be, modding is weaker than Forza and and the list goes on. There are some cool things like Kart racing and the Top Gear track but overall I don't think the game outshines a year old Forza 3...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

FL4TTURBO

For those of you that are wanting a better wheel for GT5:
http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=224&PlatformID=12

Total weight is 26lbs for wheel and pedals!! You can arrange the pedals so they are floor mounted or "firewall" mounted. Pretty impressive setup. It was finally released today.

More info:
http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20101227/thrustmaster-t500-rs-wheel-pedal-set-ready-rock-living-room/

i seen that on some site somewhere but i have the logitech G27

So for those of you that don't want a full on wheel and pedal, HKS has released a controller that is pretty nifty.
check it out here

seriously? buy a wheel instead

i have one of these puppies, minus the seat (which is on the to-do-list) and its the most realistic in a game driving experience i have ever had, period. better than a good amount of arcade machines out there.

http://playseat.com/shop/us/playseats-evolution/playseat-black-logitech-g27.html

that combo+GT5 pretty much shits on any other racing sim known to man ever created.

Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I finally got this game and omg!! I miss xbox live so I can play froze online. The gameplay is horrible!! The menus are garbage, the graphics are better in forza, the modding is so tedious in forza, every screen takes forever to load in gt5, the simulation is waaayyyy better in forza with the damage. I just got the game to play it online but driving is alot more difficult than forza which Im used to being that I have 2 & 3. Either way I'll be racing online once I get some good cars. I only have an ek9 almost maxed.

FL4TTURBO

I'm a GT fan all day long. The last forza I played which I believe was 2 was ok but GT is where it all began IMO

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
No doubt!! I had GT1, 2 and 3. I love the earning licenses but with Forza, if you can't mod it, it wont show it. I've clicked on numerous things on GT for it to say "not compatible with your vehicle". I love playing around with drifting and what not but it seems ALOT harder to do in GT than Forza. Maybe it's just cuz I'm so used to Forza but a car will flip a 180 on me really fast in GT.

I finally got this game and omg!! I miss xbox live so I can play froze online. The gameplay is horrible!! The menus are garbage, the graphics are better in forza, the modding is so tedious in forza, every screen takes forever to load in gt5, the simulation is waaayyyy better in forza with the damage. I just got the game to play it online but driving is alot more difficult than forza which Im used to being that I have 2 & 3. Either way I'll be racing online once I get some good cars. I only have an ek9 almost maxed.

Exactly, can't believe they kept delaying the game and then put that garbage out. Really disappointed with GT5. GT3 was and is still the best GT game, I'm beginning to think the newest Forza is the best of all of them though.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Besides the endurance races and special events, I'm almost completely done with the A-spec races. There
are a few cars that are so damn difficult to match and impossible or nearly ($20 Million) to acquire.