Y-pipe hose?

jcolomde

hey guys,
I have an 05 sti. recently I started loosing power at high rpms. my access port would show me peak boost of only 18.5 and then drop to 16.5. also smoke started coming from under the intercooler. this only happends under load, if i'm just cruising the car behaves fine. my assumption is that I have a hole on my y-pipe hose. does that sound about right? if so does anybody know the measurements that I would need for finding the right replacement hose? thank you!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
What has been done to the car? Stage 1 or 2 or beyond? OTS map or protune... etc etc?
I assume your boost target is not being reached? What should it be?
What color is the smoke? White, bluish?
What does it smell like? Sweet or like burnt oil?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
A boost leak tester is something like $30 and can tell you for sure.

a 2" elbow works. A generic will require trimming though.

The actual dimensions are non-standard...something like 1.875 output and 2.0 input or something like that.

jcolomde

What has been done to the car? Stage 1 or 2 or beyond? OTS map or protune... etc etc?
I assume your boost target is not being reached? What should it be?
What color is the smoke? White, bluish?
What does it smell like? Sweet or like burnt oil?
Mishimotto x-line radiator, cobb sf intake, godspeed turbo back, cobb access port (stage 2). normally my target boost is about 19-20. peeking at 22. last time I saw the smoke it was dark so I cant accurately describe the color. it was a similar smell burned water or maybe coolant. hope that helps. thank you

jcolomde

A boost leak tester is something like $30 and can tell you for sure.

a 2" elbow works. A generic will require trimming though.

The actual dimensions are non-standard...something like 1.875 output and 2.0 input or something like that.
ill start searching, thank you.

ZachTTLM

Mishimotto x-line radiator, cobb sf intake, godspeed turbo back, cobb access port (stage 2). normally my target boost is about 19-20. peeking at 22. last time I saw the smoke it was dark so I cant accurately describe the color. it was a similar smell burned water or maybe coolant. hope that helps. thank you

The Y pipe hose shouldnt be causing a burning coolant smell...I would def. consider checking all of your hoses first make sure their isnt more than one hose leaking besides a boost hose to start with.

Far as the Hose Kits go,
Mishimoto Part #: MMHOSE-SUB-INT4 (available in red, blue, and black)

Samco Sport Part #: TCS209 (available in black, red, green, blue, orange, Purple, pink, yellow, white, urban camo, gray) cost on these depend on color chosen.

If you need a price on these, please feel free to PM me.

jcolomde

The Y pipe hose shouldnt be causing a burning coolant smell...I would def. consider checking all of your hoses first make sure their isnt more than one hose leaking besides a boost hose to start with.

Far as the Hose Kits go,
Mishimoto Part #: MMHOSE-SUB-INT4 (available in red, blue, and black)

Samco Sport Part #: TCS209 (available in black, red, green, blue, orange, Purple, pink, yellow, white, urban camo, gray) cost on these depend on color chosen.

If you need a price on these, please feel free to PM me.
I've been driving it calmly recently since it run no problem that way. i'm not entirely sure if it coolant burning but I do know that the smoke is coming from under the intercooler. I have to find out for sure. if it turns out to be what I thought, I'll contact you for pricing. thank you!

ZachTTLM

Check your up-pipe as well. Could have a leak there as well. This will cause the turbo to not do it's job and the smoke would come from that area as well.