"Chloe" 07 STi

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
i guess its time to start my members journal. i have alot of plans for the car but it will take quite a while to get all of that into action. so piece by piece i will post on here and add things.

i bought the car in February of 2015 from a friend of a friend. car was/is in excellent shape with 96,000 miles on it when i bought it. all maintenance was done at the dealer and was all on the carfax. what wasnt done there was done at EFI logics in Bethel CT and i have records on all of it. paid $17,000 which is fair in my opinion for mods/condition.

as it sat when i bought it, it had an intake (not sure on brand), Invidia high flow catted downpipe, Invidia G200 catback and a tune at EFI by STi Mikey who is a good friend of mine so i trusted the car. dyno tuned it put down 285hp/312tq

exterior was stock except for mud flaps and black Rota wheels (which i sold and bought stock BBS in gold) perfect condition except for a few dings here and there and a light scratch on the side of the wing which is to be expected from an 8 year old car.

interior is a 10/10 i have no complaints besides the aftermarket radio which i swapped out with a new pioneer double din.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

since i have had the car ive made a few small touches:

gold BBS wheels with brand new Michelin pilot super sports 225/45/17
pioneer head unit
04-05 tail lights with "JDM mod"

Perrin wing stabilizers (4)
carbon fiber wrap for the rear spoiler, roof, and roof vane (so far only the rear spoiler is done)

JDM blue (i) front emblem

cant forget the "igotasti.com" banner

custom blue suede shift boot, e-brake boot (in process right now) and the headliner will be done when i take the roof vane off to wrap it
cobb shift knob

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

plans for the car:

in about a year or so i plan to build a block from rallispec and swap that in (im not a fan of how many miles are on this engine) especially after the timing belt issue i had a few months ago id feel better with a new motor (specs to be determined)
maybe bigger turbo (to be determined)
suspension
bracing
intercooler
short throw shifter
fender flares
wider wheels/tires
cage?
seats/harnesses
bigger hood scoop
gauge pod/ gauges
steering wheel (not detachable)
audio (soon)

im sure there is more im forgetting right now but you will see the car progress as i do. again it will take a while but what else is new right?

thanks for reading!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nice start. ?

Subscribed.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wheres the obligatory engine bay shot?! :lol: Cant wait to see more!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] ill take an engine bay shot after i wash the car later today... Just for you lol

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Took apart the shift boot for my friend to make the blue suede one... Decided to paint this trim pice in gold to match the wheels... Its the little things... Blue and gold everything lol

fa78658a1f46da6910aba76965712f32.jpg

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
[MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] the reason i didnt start one when i first joined was because i didnt have many decent pics of the car yet. wanted to post it all up in one shot. better late than never right?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
what does that do and why should i remove it?

The US measures exhaust components in Parts Per Million (PPM)...or maybe its billion. But it's in concentration. The problem is, the EJ25 wasn't passing updated emissions tests circa 07, for the cold-start test. Sooo, what do they do? Pump fresh air into the exhaust during the cold start. You've still got the same number of "bad" particles, but now you've got a whole lot of fresh air to dilute it! Ta-da! You've passed federal emissions testing!

Deleting it reduces weight, and cleans up the engine bay. To do a proper delete, you need to buy a block off plate, for like $10, and then tune out the code that's triggered for air pump related errors.

It's not necessary to remove it, but I think it's ugly and makes everything look more cluttered.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
yes and no.

Everything physically comes out pretty easy. The only hard part is that the atmospheric pressure sensor is attached to the pump and has to be cut off. It's not really hard if you have any tools. At the time I didnt, so I used a leatherman to chip away at the hard plastic and ended up slicing my finger pretty badly.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Hmm... I have access to tools so that shouldn't be a problem... Why am i cutting something off if its being removed?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
4150cd50ba8deeee57cbfed31ce37573.jpg

Finally got the horns mounted... Took more of the plastic pieces behind the grill out to see them better

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How many you have now?