My 06 SGM STI, from begining to now...

gerwulf

I am actually looking at Tomei unequal length headers. I want to keep the boxer rumble so I am sticking with the unequal length. I have everything else but the headers and mounts, and of course the block lol. The car has been down and parked for just a little over a year now and I miss it soOooooooooooooooooooo much. I also miss the dragstrip and humiliating v8s. There is a particular 2011 5.0 Mustang on nitrous and drag radials that needs a spanking!

gerwulf

Well, I have placed the order for the built short block through Jordan of Defined Performance
and hopefully I will be picking that up in a couple of weeks. My heads and cams are with the good folks at Element Tuning, and my TGVs, throttle body, and intake manifold are with the excellent team at GrimmSpeed. My throttle body got a little busted up during shipping and now I will have to fix it when I get it back.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wow, that was a big order. Can wait to see how it all turns out. I'm excited to follow this. :thumbsup:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I am actually looking at Tomei unequal length headers. I want to keep the boxer rumble so I am sticking with the unequal length. I have everything else but the headers and mounts, and of course the block lol. The car has been down and parked for just a little over a year now and I miss it soOooooooooooooooooooo much. I also miss the dragstrip and humiliating v8s. There is a particular 2011 5.0 Mustang on nitrous and drag radials that needs a spanking!

I got a buddy in my unit that has a Roush GT w/ a 100shot and he said he runs 12 flat/ low 13's natural. What head/block internals are you getting?

gerwulf

Well I got my stuff back from GrimmSpeed, great bunch of guys up there in Viking territory!
My ported, polished, and ceramic coated throttle body
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjAtMjAxMTA1MjUtMTU1Ny5qcGc.jpg

gerwulf

I got a buddy in my unit that has a Roush GT w/ a 100shot and he said he runs 12 flat/ low 13's natural. What head/block internals are you getting?
An AMS stage II short block with balanced and blueprinted forged rotating assembly and I sent my heads off to Element Tuning for the big valve job, port, and polish.

gerwulf

Here is everything that arrived today...
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjItMjAxMTA1MjUtMTYwMi5qcGc.jpg

I had bought some TGV deletes from a buddy, but his were 04-05 top feeds and would not work with my top feed conversion fuel rails, so I sent the deletes and my TGVs to GrimmSpeed and they fixed mine up for me. Thank you Justin Grimm!!!!!
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjMtMjAxMTA1MjUtMTYyNi5qcGc.jpg

And I installed the T1 fuel rails and 1000cc injectors.

Last edited:

gerwulf

Well, I have mounted the throttle body to the intake, and the intake manifold to the TGV deletes. I have most of what I need for the fuel lines and I am just waiting on some more fittings, fuel pressure regulator, and gauge from Jegs. Later this week I will be putting the fuel lines together while I am waiting for Element Tuning to finish the head work and AMS to build me a short block. I am sooooooooo over waiting and want to get this done and back to life.

gerwulf

Well, I got some more goodies, this time a bunch of stuff from Jegs....
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzMtMjAxMTA2MDItMjAyOS5qcGc.jpg

Well, that was a picture of my fuel pressure regulator, and today I started working on making my fuel lines, I ordered braided stainless steel hose and AN fittings from Jegs. I got to work and here are some pictures.....
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzUtMjAxMTA2MDMtMTk1OC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzctMjAxMTA2MDMtMjAyOC5qcGc.jpg

And I am done for now, I can't finish the return lines till the new motor is in and the regulator is mounted on the firewall....
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzgtMjAxMTA2MDMtMjAyOC5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Looking good brother. Keep up the good work.

gerwulf

Thanks, once I get the engine installed, I can finish up the lines and use some big ass zip ties to tidy everything up. I just can't wait to start putting her back together. I got an e-mail from Element Tuning and they said they will get started on my heads next week so hopefully by the end of June I can have her running again.

gerwulf

Well, there had not been any progress for a while but, hot damn!!! My built short block arrived from AMS today.

gerwulf

I got home today and found this in my driveway
utf-8BSU1HMDAxODktMjAxMTA2MjMtMTQ0NC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxOTItMjAxMTA2MjMtMTUwOS5qcGc.jpg

I then bolted it up to my engine stand mount, and lifted it out of the box and put it on the stand, all by my little self.
utf-8BSU1HMDAxOTMtMjAxMTA2MjMtMTUyMS5qcGc.jpg

After that I just had to get busy, so I installed the oil pan screen and my Killer B oil pick up tube
utf-8BSU1HMDAxOTQtMjAxMTA2MjMtMTU1Mi5qcGc.jpg

Then after that, I installed the oil cooler (oem that is lol)
utf-8BSU1HMDAxOTYtMjAxMTA2MjMtMTYyNy5qcGc.jpg

Then I installed the Cosworth oil pump
utf-8BSU1HMDAxOTctMjAxMTA2MjMtMTgxOS5qcGc.jpg

Then I installed the brand new water pump that came with my timing belt kit
utf-8BSU1HMDAxOTgtMjAxMTA2MjMtMTgzOC5qcGc.jpg

After that, it was time for dinner and a shower, more to come tomorrow. I would like to thank Jordan at Defined Performance for helping me get the block from AMS. I would also like to thank the guys at AMS for the great work they did on it. Now I just need to get my heads back from Element Tuning and my exhaust manifolds back from a local shop.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very very nice. I'm gonna tag along and watch your build.

gerwulf

Very very nice. I'm gonna tag along and watch your build.

Well, thanks for the compliment. I will be taking a lot of pictures along the way and going by my STI service manual. I will try to take more informative pics too. I need to get my exhaust manifolds back and then take them in to be ceramic coated.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Take your time and do it right from the start and you should be ok.