2015 SUBARU WRX STI. ARE YOU READY?

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I'm really trying to like it. The interior is something they should have put in the angel eyes, but it's nice to see a bit more comfort and technology in the STI. I'm curious as to a couple things. 1) Why didn't they use the new and more efficient FA( I think that's the code) from the new WRX and find new ways to get more power. 2) Along the same lines, why didn't they up the power to at least 330 or more? It's had the same hp for years, and it's been getting heavier. Heavier cars need more power. Simple as that. 3) The WRB with gold BBS rims is what many STI drivers want. I don't understand why they are only making that combo for the 1st 1000, called the "launch edition." If they take away the WRB after that completely, their headquarters will probably get some serious backlash. I'm hoping they just won't offer the gold rims, which would be fine. 4) I like that they're trying to make it a little more mature, but why did they settle for lukewarm styling? It doesn't have the unmistakeable figure anymore. I realize that the GR and GV weren't as unmistakeable as as the blob eyes and hawk eyes, but now the only way to spot it is that wing. Since it's kept the EJ engine, it will still have the familiar boxer burble exhaust note, yes?

05wrb

I feel the same about the power.. also its sad..but I've heard that they are going with an EQUAL length header for more efficiency and power.... strange how it gained no power from it???

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Well, if they went with the equal length header then there is no more boxer rumble. However, they may be saving some pistons in #2 and #4 cylinders which is probably some reason for doing it, if they did do it?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If they did go with equal length headers its possible it did gain power but they can control the output through tuning. Regardless. We wait and see official announcements. Unless We have insider information its rumor and speculation.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
If they did go with equal length headers its possible it did gain power but they can control the output through tuning. Regardless. We wait and see official announcements. Unless We have insider information its rumor and speculation.

Let's hope they worked on the tuning.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Geez. 11 years. I never really thought how long it's been.

Yup. The 2004 debuted late 2003. The 2015 will debute mid to late 2014. 11 long years with the same shitty tune! :lol:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. All I want from it is the interior. Also, Subaru seems to have forgotten that as cars get heavier, they need more power, regardless of how nimble they are.

Chris Savage

I hope to be placing my order for a Launch Edition STI in March I love it and can't wait to see it in Chicago at the auto show. anyone going on the 8th?