2015 SUBARU WRX STI. ARE YOU READY?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
INTRODUCING THE BEST-HANDLING, BEST-PERFORMING WRX STI. EVER.

Live from the 2014 North American International Auto Show: January 14, 2014

For those hungry for track-tested ferocity, tune in right here on January 14. Subaru is set to reveal the evolution of the WRX STI[SUP]?[/SUP] species. Re-engineered for supreme balance, speed, and handling.

From the engine and suspension down to the leather stitching, the completely redesigned 2015 Subaru WRX STI will make your smile curl, your knuckles stiffen, and your gut feel like it's riding shotgun. Introducing performance and handling like never before. The all-new 2015 WRX STI. Inspired by racers. Made for us.

attachment.php

Could this be it?

attachment.php

WesternSTi

The Music Man
This better be a sharp departure from the looks of the WRX, and 2 steps up from the performance. I'd really like to see a bigger difference made between the WRX and the STi for this AND future generations. I just looked at the Calendar...looks like I'll be teaching then. Ahhhh! I can't wait to see it though!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow def curious to see its unveil! 15 stang has my attention as of right now.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
^I think the 15 Stang looks much worse, IMO. Opinions are like noses though.

I dont care about looks as much anymore cause not many cars beside exotics can top off my car by this point. Im weighing all performance over looks. Stang looks stupid promising. Def need to see what it does with the v8 and how the 4banger will do. For all we know it could be a masterpiece. Def curious to see sti though.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We're hoping what we saw 6 months ago is the final product.

Twin Scroll FTW!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I love everything but the looks. As I've said before, the looks seem like an afterthought to me. Again, just my opinion.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I love everything but the looks. As I've said before, the looks seem like an afterthought to me. Again, just my opinion.

Its ok. We can always do exterior mods. :lol:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Yep. The first thing I think everyone(except those purchasing the CVT) will do is purchase some aftermarket wheels.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yep. The first thing I think everyone(except those purchasing the CVT) will do is purchase some aftermarket wheels.

How dare you make those cvt purchasers an exception! Hahahaha

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Not hopeful. I'm being pessimistic about this one. I think it will look the photos floating around of the one in camo, just like the new wrx.
Very modest power boost (think maybe 310).
I think if they do this, my ugly hatch just went up in earnings. Lol

WesternSTi

The Music Man
It's probably pretty close to that, unfortunately. Again, I'm hoping for sharp differences in everything, but I know there probably won't be much in styling.

NoVASTi

The rear wheel doesn't appear to be as small-looking as the WRX (that might be because they're using bigger-diameter wheels...18-19", or because the wheels are brighter in color and/or have a big star pattern). Or it could be the wing alone that's made the rear less bland. Or a combination of all of the above.

No matter...looks a lot better from the side, IMO. Just need to see some ass shots now.

What I'm really curious about is the engine and other performance tech. Hoping for a 2.0L variant with DI.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ill wait to see more sources with official pics but if thats what its gonna look like, then my opinion is this:

They dont make cars like they used to anymore.

Of course there are exceptions but styling wise, this isnt having me on the verge of climax like my 04 has me! :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
1st post updated.