What will she put down?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
There's lots of good guesses. If I win, donate the money back to the forum through JJ.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
There's lots of good guesses. If I win, donate the money back to the forum through JJ.

Na, if you win keep it my man!

Winner will receive (2 Years of Platinum Membership) Includes: Free Hoodie, T-Shirt, Lanyard, Sticker, Plus tons more!

AzSTMPR

i feel like this is the Price is Right and the closest bid wins.

E93- 307WHP/323WTQ
E85- 322WHP/341WTQ

Sorry I haven't been more active here. Work and life and crap. :(

Well bad news. I called yesterday and asked Jessica the girl who answered the phone if the car would be ready and she said that they were running behind and that it would be today. She asked if they were going to be installing the spark plugs. I said yes and the compression test. She said ok. I get a call today and Mary says that she has bad news. Compression test results are

1 - 135 psi
2 - 50 psi
3 - 135 psi
4 - 130 psi

They did a leak down test and she says it was 80%. I dont even know what that means. Since the motor was rebuilt from blowing a ringland and Sewell Subaru rebuilding it I have not done a HPDE so I just dont get it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Are you serious?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Woah wtf. How did the car run before you dropped it off?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Alright make sure you talk to the main person there and see wtf is up..

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well now we have to figure out contest.

ZackUSAF82

Ugh, so sorry to hear that...that freaking sucks! Now I'm having second thoughts about foregoing the compression test this tune since they just did it a couple months ago...might be worthwhile to go ahead and pay the extra bucks to get it done to be safe...

Good luck dude, I hope things work out for you!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Im seeing 3. Any updates on the car?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
You've gotta be shitting me...wtf. Like Alin said, talk to the techs and head mechanic.
Was there ANY kind of guarantee on the motor work done? I kind of doubt it, but I had to ask. Was it driven at all since the rebuild? If not, I think you have a pretty good case to make with the builder. Maybe reference the odometer readings. I hope you have a slip with the miles recorded from when you took it in for the build.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'm hoping this isn't some sort of a suspenseful joke here... :lol: Very odd that this would happen, but I just have to make sure. :lol:

Update us!!!!

I have no updates yet. Mary said she would call back around 1 but it is now 3:16 and nothing. The car ran fine before I dropped it off. They said they would do a compression test before installing the parts just in case. I said sure go ahead. Well I call yesterday and Jessica answered the phone and said that they were installing the parts and it would not be ready until tomorrow which is today. I said so the compression test went good and she said um yeah I think. She called back later and asked if I was wanting them to install the spark plugs. I said yes Keith said he would do it for free. I get a friend request from Mary @ AWD Tuning on facebook which I accept. She messages me "Is it easier for me to talk to you here or to call you?" I ask" You can call. Is something wrong?" She responds "Uh.....................". So I pick up the phone and call. Jessica answers the phone and I try and ask questions. She says it is best that I speak with Mary. OK so I wait and get a call from her. She explains the results of the compression test. I told her I had the motor rebuilt by Sewell Subaru 15k miles ago and that I have been logging with the AP and received no knocks. She said that racing could cause the issue. I told her I have not done any racing or HPDE events since they did the Tune for the downpipe a few months ago which went fine. I have not done any events because I had a new baby. She mentioned the Texas Mile which I ran in October. They did the Tune months later. She said this could have happened then and just got worse over time. I just dont get it since everything seemed fine.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It would be in your best interest to talk in person to main person in charge, if possible. Since you logged and everything was fine, this should have not happened. However, the fact that you were not present at the shop during this, makes it fishy...