GD Jswansti's 06 WRB STi

jswansti

Hey! Sorry I didnt post up last night, but she's done and i'm lovin every minute of it!
I got a safe/ daily driver tune for 91, and 2 E85 maps- one low boost and one high boost.

91 octane: 261.5 whp, 265 wtq.
E85 18.5psi : 296 whp, 335 wtq.
E85 15psi : 280 whp, 320 wtq.

**Harvey told me that since I was dynoing on my winter tires I had a loss of about 10whp on each dyno run. Something about the power transfer difference between snow and performance tires on the dyno. SO, each of the above mentioned dyno numbers is actually ~10 higher than posted**

If this is true then on 91 im putting down ~271.5whp, and on E85 ~306whp or 290whp.

We decided that since I commute 60 miles a day we wanted to keep my 91 tune pretty conservative at 15psi, and not put my engine in danger. The E85 tunes are the fun ones :) Our best pull on E85 put down 301.1 whp (~311.1 corrected) and 350 wtq. Harvey felt that the tune was a little too aggressive and I trust his instincts so he pulled it back a little bit for engine/turbo safety reasons. Man does she haul compared to before!! On our first couple street pulls (empty frontage road) the car would sputter when you shifted close to red line from 1st->2nd and 2nd->3rd....My flat foot rpm was set at 4500 rpm for some reason; neither Harvey or I had even touched it. After we sorted that out things were smooth and perfect! I love how the car pulls now, its a whole new beast!

Last edited:

jswansti

Dyno graphs for best E85 pull, and 91 map.

dyno007.jpg

dyno008.jpg

jswansti

I think it was like $2.39 at the station last time i looked. The place i will usually fill up at is actually in Mead and theirs is up to $2.49. still cheaper than 91, but I hope ALL gas prices go down soon. But thats high hopes...

BadlandsRacer

Keep in mind that you should probably go get a retune on E85 come late spring/early summer, as you're likely tuned on about E60 right now.

jswansti

Keep in mind that you should probably go get a retune on E85 come late spring/early summer, as you're likely tuned on about E60 right now.

Im pretty sure Harvey does free adjustments to tunes so that shouldnt be an issue...I'll have to call him and see what he says.

jswansti

I didnt put it on pirates, but its on craigslist in the Fort Collins area classifieds. Its listed for a bit more on there, but i'd sell it to him for my asking price on here, thanks!

jswansti

So I currently have an autometer dual gauge pillar pod, and now that I have a tap for an A/F gauge in my DP i'm debating upgrading to a three pod pillar, or the clock bezel cluster, for a wideband A/F gauge. I'm a little OCD when it comes to matching products with my car. I know its silly but I have Autometer sport comp 2 gauges and would like to keep all my gauges autometer branded. I saw that they are soon releasing a wideband A/F ratio gauge and i'd be quite interested in getting one, just afraid of how it'll compare to the widely known AEM UEGO wideband. The AEM looks similar to the gauges I have now, its just my thing about keeping them all Autometer that wants me to wait for the Autometer to come out. I wouldn't be able to pick one up for some time anyways (need to save after last weekend), just wondering what your guys'/gals thoughts are on the topic!

jswansti

It shouldn't ever dip below E70.

I don't know what its at right now (plan on using your excel sheet on the next tank Jared, thanks again!), but Harvey says that they have pretty good stuff at the station I tuned on and will be getting it from 90% of the time.

jswansti

Got 21 mpg on the new 91 map...not too bad imo. Anyone know someone that needs/ wants a stock cat-back, stock intake, or SPT intake? I kind of have a sale pending on the SPT but havent heard from the guy today.

jswansti

Pic from the street in front of my parents house
612081464_2184452645_0.jpg

Attachments

• 612081464_2184452645_0.jpg
    612081464_2184452645_0.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Love the picture as a avatar.