GD Jswansti's 06 WRB STi

jswansti

Thanks guys! I'm kinda starting to get into photography, and I feel as though my car will be the center of a lot of photo shoots as i learn haha.

jswansti

So i'm fairly confident im just gonna put my stock sti trunk badge back on, what is the best way to reapply it? Just some strong 3M double sided tape trimmed to fit the badge? Thanks for any advice!

jswansti

I would imagine that there is some kind of glue that you could just apply. I think that would be easier.

I was looking into that too but that back of the badge isnt flat. I also like that if i were to use some sort of tape that i could take it off pretty easily without worrying about glue on the car...

jswansti

I need to stop searching around the internet at work. My new wish list has expanded to include:
-Samco red radiator hoses
-Samco red aux. hose set
-New Mcgard black lugs
-JDM rain guards (maybe)
-I need a new trunk oval badge (the big star on mine is cracked on the inside...?)
-Radiator shroud
-Alternator cover

As you can see im pretty much onto aesthetics now that im satisfied (for the time being) with my POWA!!

jswansti

Its kinda hard to see, but what does the tank(?) that is circled in red do? Is it the power steering? I was checking for vacuum leaks yesterday and it was loose...like super loose. The bolt on the back side was pretty much all the way out, and the front one you see in the pic couldve twisted out using fingers. I tightened it down really snug now, but would that cause any big issues being loose for assumably longer than i'd prefer?
609145933_2173223982_0.jpg

Last edited:

jswansti

Its been in the 60's past couple days. I cant wait for summer and a clean car ALL the time!! And car shows! Nothing new to report on the car. Prioritizing a list of things i want to get before the annual Mead car show (where im from). Ive been in it all 6 years theyve had it. Since its a car show i'll be going with "bling" items for the time being. Radiator shroud, alternator cover, radiator hoses, etc. If I can manage to save enough possibly RCE springs to give her a better stance.

jswansti

Its warm as hell here. 65 today, 70 tomorrow. Im like damn its only mid feb. Im only in MD too. We were just in the 20's last week lol.

Haha, yeah it was like low 30-40's last week and now its super nice. Really makes me want to full detail my car but I dont have the time, and its just gonna get crappy again.

jswansti

Took a data log tonight. At idle there is a consistant knock learning of -1.05....THere is also negative dynamic adv consistantly. Any info on whether this is something to really worry about would be great!!

jswansti

CHeck engine light came on today while drive around. P0172, system too rich Bank 1. Is it safe to drive with this code? The car is my DD so if it isnt i'll need to figure something out.

jswansti

Hop is looking over a data log for me. At first glance it looks like fuel trims are weird or someting. My dads letting me drive his jeep until after my tune looks at it,gotta love parnts support!!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I PM'd you about this...

Check your current MAP. The log you sent me looks like your using gasoline on an e85 tune.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It is showing -22% average across the entire MAF scale. Other things that can cause that are dirty air filter, dirty MAF, clogged cat, bad A/F sensor.

jswansti

Just got home from the movies. Gonna do the stuff that Holy pm'ed me on and see how she runs after that. When I asked my tuner about switching betweem E85 and 91 he said that the easiest way is to just real time flash the map, which is what I did. So now im reseting the ECU after a full warm up and doing a FULL reflash with the 91 map. Cant thank HOLY enough for the help hes given me on this!

jswansti

Reflashed the ECU. Havent driven it but let it idle for a bit and revved it up a little too. First thoughts are that the idle seems to be a bit smoother. The CEL didnt come back on, but i didnt really expect it to just idling. I'll drive the car to work tomorrow, ~40 minute drive, and do a data log to send to Holy to see what he thinks. I'll still drive my dads Jeep until I hear back from him on whether the reflash helped or not, and might still wait for my tuner to get back to check it out until I actually drive it for DD again. Just want to make sure that it is safe to drive! Will try cleaning the MAF sensor and a few little things tomorrow night after work just because.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I can't tell you how many posts I've seen of Holy lending a hand. Great guy indeed.

Thanks man!!! This is what it's all about for me. I figure I've taken enough from life and it is time I gave back some how. I can't offer much but I can offer my knowledge.

he's not out of the woods just yet though. It's all just a hunch right now and hopefully this will fix it. We'll see. :tup:

Sounds like a great plan.

Agreed! Much better to play it safe than sorry.

jswansti

Definitely playing it as safe as I can. When I knew there was definitely something off the first person I thought of going to was Holy. Just seeing how much he has helped other people on here I knew he was the guy to go to!

Took a data log this morning. Will email it to Holy tonight after work when im able to upload it to my computer. Wasnt really watching the AP while I was driving, but it was on A/F correction 1 and I watched it while I did one WOT pull getting on the highway in 3rd and 4th. The log read a constant 0.00 for the whole pull, but bounced around while just cruising at various speeds. The CEL light did not come back on. I know it usually takes a little bit before they come on again, but I thought a 40 minute drive would almost be long enough. I'm super relieved that my dad is letting me drive his Jeep (his second car) until my car woes get sorted out. After work today Dory will most likely sit until Holy looks over the log, and will more than likely wait until my tuner gets back and can look over her too. Will keep people posted as this gets figured out!