GD Jswansti's 06 WRB STi

jswansti

CHacked out Flat 4 Motorsports website, looks like a pretty legit business! SCR is in Loveland, only like 25 minutes from where i live.

icudruln

CHacked out Flat 4 Motorsports website, looks like a pretty legit business! SCR is in Loveland, only like 25 minutes from where i live.

They are. I met a few of them at the Pike's Peak race last year, and they were all cool dudes. I've heard of a lot of good things about SCR as well. Shit, if I had a garage, I'd say come down and we'll install em and just grab some pizza and beer :lol:

jswansti

They are. I met a few of them at the Pike's Peak race last year, and they were all cool dudes. I've heard of a lot of good things about SCR as well. Shit, if I had a garage, I'd say come down and we'll install em and just grab some pizza and beer :lol:

:lol: I have a garage with a lift we can use! I would supply the beer and pizza. Yeah, the guys at SCR are really passionate about what they do. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Flat4, its just further away so ive never ventured to see their place. Hope you get your car running smooth soon!

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Do you have a jack and stands? Do it yourself.

1. Jack the car up at one side
2. Place stand under car
3. Take wheel off
4. Jack the A-arm up, compressing the spring a little
5. Unbolt the strut from under the hood
6. Lower the strut slowly using the jack
7. Take off the strut top and take off the spring
8. Replace spring and strut top
9. Jack it back up, aligning the bolts and bolt it back up

jswansti

Do you have a jack and stands? Do it yourself.

1. Jack the car up at one side
2. Place stand under car
3. Take wheel off
4. Jack the A-arm up, compressing the spring a little
5. Unbolt the strut from under the hood
6. Lower the strut slowly using the jack
7. Take off the strut top and take off the spring
8. Replace spring and strut top
9. Jack it back up, aligning the bolts and bolt it back up

Thanks for the helpful info! I'm not the most mechanically inclined, and tampering with stuff that affects how my car rides scares me a bit. I wouldnt mind doing it with someone who has some experience, but I have NONE in the suspension department, which makes me hesitant. My brother went to UTI, so he would probably be able to help out.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I've never done it either, I've done most of the installs on my car other than pulling and building the motor. Gotta get your hands dirty somehow lol I used instructions from various sites...pics helped out too. There's just the 3 bolts on top then the 1 bolt bolting the strut top to the strut itself. I paid $350 for my springs and installation. The first thing done to my car after 800 miles. I think my H&R's lowered it too much though :/

jswansti

I've heard from several people that the H&R springs have a little too much drop, at least more than they were expecting. It looks nice though! I'll be getting RCE yellows when I do get springs.

At home for a family dinner. Not a bad looking driveway. (click to make larger, crappy phone pic). '71 Charger 500 with a Mopar 360 crate motor, my STi, and my former ride turned brothers ride '03 Mach 1

cars.jpg

Last edited:

yamahaSHO

SCR performance. Never been to Flat4 before.

I was just about to recommend SCR to you. Ask for Chris Mayfield, he'll do an outstanding job. Not sure if it will help on price, but you might make mention that I recommended you (my screen name should be fine).

Last edited:

jswansti

Took off the shifter trim and stripped the flat red paint I had on it to redo it. The trim got a couple chips in it that I tried to clean up but it didnt sit well with my OCD haha. Also put some lube in the shifter reverse lockout slot to try and get rid of the damn rattle that is the bane of my existence!

yamahaSHO

Sweet, thanks YamahaSHO!

Havent heard of swift springs...

Let me know if you think you're going to have SCR do the work. I can promise that you'll be 100% satisified and I'm saying that with absolutely nothing to gain. If I get a chance, I'll give Chris a heads up.

jswansti

Didn't rive the car all weekend. Went to start it this morning and the battery didn't have enough gusto to turn over the engine. Got it jump started and drove to Auto Zone, gonna pick up an Optima red top to replace the stock battery (73,000 miles).

jswansti

Ugh, why are no tire mounting places open on Sunday?!?! I need my summer tires put on stat. Guess ill have to wait until Saturday.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I still on factory battery, lol. 04 9750 miles, LMAO. I say wow. What tires you putting on?

jswansti

Yeah lol, it was time for a new one. Im surprised the stock battery made it to 73,000+ miles. My summer set of tires are 225/45/17 Goodyear Eagle Gt's.

Last edited:

jswansti

Its been a while since I bought a mod for my car...getting a bit itchy!! Want to buy a few things before a car show at the end of May, but I need to put my summer tires on and get a new windshield first.