GD Jswansti's 06 WRB STi

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
LOL... I wish that were the case!

jswansti

I havent caught any flack for the cobb exhaust from the authorities. I usually shift before it gets on the louder side if i know they're around anyways.

jswansti

Okay, trying to put a comprehensive list of parts i'd like to have before car show season starts. Hopefully i'll be able to save up for most of them in time! These prices are just based on web searching.

Perrin Radiator shroud ~50.00
Agency Power Alternator Cover (red) ~150.00
Agency Power Radiator hoses (red) ~150.00
RCE Yellow springs ~300.00 (without install)
Black McGard lugs ??
Red intercooler inlet hose ~50.00

Damn....I need to start saving! Stupid expenses keep cropping up which does not help!

This could be a really stupid question, but for radiator hoses do you need to flush the system to put the new ones on?

jswansti

Thanks! I'll have to check that sight out. Name brands arent really a priority, just what I found while searching popular vendor websites, which are why the prices are pretty high too. The only things on there that I wouldnt reconsider is the AP alternator cover since I like the way theirs looks over others, and the RCE springs. If i'm able to save up that much I know i'd be in the clear, especially if I pay less for other off-brand parts.

jswansti

Yeah I could understand wanting to cut some costs, especially with a build like yours! Cant wait to see it when everything is done :)

jswansti

Checked out that silicone hose site, not bad prices! Definitely gonna pick up one for the intercooler inlet. I could buy the appropriate hoses and clamp them together for the radiator hoses and it would be cheaper, but I like the clean look of one complete hose, not clamping pieces together to make it. Definitely a good place for silicone hoses though, thanks Fuji!

jswansti

E85 was 2.749 when I filled up yesterday. Better thatn 3.67 for 91! Although I fill up a little more often so it evens out in the end.

Will hopefully be picking up an Agency Power alt cover and radiator shroud soon!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sounds about right. If you want it done right you have to pay someone who knows what they are doing. Key is finding someone who cares.

jswansti

There's a shop in the neighboring city that does a ton of autox and rally modifications that is wellknown for their service in the community. I've bought a few things from them before and they let me tour their shop. They have several forester Sti conversions that are sick, as well as shop racing cars. Id probably have them do the install just wondering what I should expect. Thanks!

icudruln

There's a shop in the neighboring city that does a ton of autox and rally modifications that is wellknown for their service in the community. I've bought a few things from them before and they let me tour their shop. They have several forester Sti conversions that are sick, as well as shop racing cars. Id probably have them do the install just wondering what I should expect. Thanks!

Flat 4 Motorsports?